Ohio County Schools will be conducting kindergarten registration beginning March 12, 2019. See scheduled dates listed below. Registration will take place at each school location from 8:00am – 6:00pm.
Each child will have academic screenings along with language/hearing screenings. Parents also need to bring the items listed below. If you are unable to take your child for registration at the school that your child will attend, please take your child to another school to enroll and the records will be sent to your child’s home school. To enroll in kindergarten in the state of Kentucky, a child must be 5 years of age on or before August 1, 2019. For additional information or if you have questions regarding early enrollment, call the Ohio County Board of Education, 270- 298-3249.
Parents need to bring the following items/information about your child:
- Full Size Certified Birth Certificate
- KY Immunization Certificate
- Social Security Card
- KY Physical Examination Form
- Eye Examination (by an optometrist or ophthalmologist – must be done by January 1, 2020)
- Dental Screening/Examination – completed by January 1, 2020)